MLZ American Law

I always loved Zotero, and since this style was added, I'm even more in love.

It does a very good work in way of producing citations according to the relevant American sources (not to use the explicit term...). However there are minor glithces here and there. One I just came across is that when I use a source in a footnote, and then reference to the same source in the next footnote, it cross-references as "supra note n-1" instead of "Id".

Best and thanks for all your efforts,

Roy
  • you are using the MLZ version of Zotero, though, correct?
  • I don't think so. I used it, but now I found that Zotero standalone has an MLZ style too, so I used that. My indecisiveness is because I have both installed, but I didn't have FF open when I did this, only the standalone.
  • MLZ is only available for Firefox at the moment: there is no Standalone version of MLZ.
    MLZ styles such as "American Law Style" rely on specific MLZ changes... and are not (fully) compatible with classic Zotero.

(You can check the (ML)Z version via gear icon -> About Zotero)
  • And if you have a set-up in which Standalone and MLZ share a data directory - and it sounds like you do - you should probably remove that, as MLZ has announced that is now database incompatible with Standalone:
    http://citationstylist.org/2013/01/27/mlz-new-release-available/
    with possible unwelcome consequences on how this will work.
  • @roypeled: As adamsmith notes, the latest version of MLZ will not work with the official Zotero Standalone, so when you upgrade, Standalone will stop working if it is using the same data directory.

The MLZ styles are designed to work best with MLZ itself, so you're best off sticking to that for your client, until a standalone version becomes available.