How do I share a folder in my personal library with a group library I've created

I have been using zotero for my lit review searches and have a lovely collection of citations. Now I want to share them and their PDF's with my research group. How do I get the data from one library to another? I tried dragging the folder into the Groups folder, no luck. What do I do?

Thanks!
  • Drag and drop the items into the group.
  • Note that you can only use drag and drop in the local version of Zotero. It's not possible on the webpage version of your library at zotero.org (though obviously changes you make locally will sync to the online version).
    Dragging the collection should work, though, what happens if you try? And can you drag individual items like mronkko suggests?
  • I have exactly the same issue, and it is a year + later and still there is no info in support on this. In the local version, the groups don't show up in the left-side menu. So there is no group to drag the folder into. Any suggestions?
  • This really does work, I don't know what type of info you were expecting and where?

If the group isn't on the left than either
    1. You haven't synced successfully since joining
    2. You have group libraries collapsed (little triangle on the right) or
    3. You're looking at the online library on zotero.org
  • Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! Browsing around a little more, the problem is that my group library does not show up in the left hand column (local version). Only the personal library shows up. I have just checked and my synch settings seem to be OK. I am on the local version. (On the web version, as indicated above, the personal library shows up on the "My library" tab, and the Group Library shows up on the "groups" tab, but they do not cross over.)

Re: I haven't synched successfully, everything in the personal library is synched, even what I've added today... but my group still doesn't show up in the menu.
  • I might also add that there is not even a group library "box" with a triangle, like there is for My Library. There is nothing for the group.
  • So the bottom icon in the left-hand panel is the trash of your library?

And you're positive the account you're syncing with is the same one that you're logged in with online?
  • AHA. Never mind. The personal library might have been a couple of weeks old, but the group was new. I got out of Zotero, then got back in, and there is the group folder. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.