Remove 'Title' from Letter footnote in MHRA Style

Hi,

I am trying to tidy up my letters in my database by including a title explaining its content (briefly) to make it easier to search. However, currently if I do the title is included in the footnote when I use the letter.

How can I edit the csl file so that the title no longer appears in the footnote when used in a document?

In other words, it looks like this:
Charles Darwin to Henry Walter Bates, ‘Letter Anxiously Regarding Wallace Memorial’, circa 1880. Robert M. Stecher Collection of Charles Darwin Books and Manuscripts, 12951.
When I want it to be like this:
Charles Darwin to Henry Walter Bates, circa 1880. Robert M. Stecher Collection of Charles Darwin Books and Manuscripts, 12951.
Thanks for the help in advance.
  • Depends on the style.
    If there's a specific conditional statement for letter (i.e. if type="letter"), just remove the "title" macro/variable inside.
    If there's no specific conditional statement for letter, you've to create it without calling the "title" macro/variable.
  • Thanks for the help, @Gracile.

This is what I have: http://imgur.com/VdpC2

So would I have to include an 'Else-if' condition in this part of the csl file with 'letter' and do so without a title macro/variable? Is that correct?
  • The logic is a bit different from what I thought in this style but,
    yes, add an empty 'else-if' condition in the macro 'title-note' (and in 'title-short' too).

And I made a mistake in my previous post, CSL has 'personal-communication' for Zotero's letter, i.e:
    <else-if type="personal_communication">
    </else-if>
  • Superb, thanks @Gracile.

I will have a tinker with it and see whether it works. I don't see how it couldn't!