Bibliography by alphabetical order of title

I have had a good look around but I have not been able to find an answer. The problem, for instance:

Lamotte, Étienne. Saṃdhinirmocana Sūtra: L’Explication Des Mystères. Louvain and Paris: Université de Louvain, 1935.

This is a book, so "Item Type" should be "Book". It is a translation by Lamotte of a text titled "Saṃdhinirmocana Sūtra."

Is there an easy way to encode the information "translation of" or "edition of" to books and then output a bibliography in alphabetical order of that field, rather than author/translator/editor?

The goal is to create a list of primary sources that are quoted/translated/edited in my article or book.

Hope the issue is clear!
  • Do all of the target primary sources have a common characteristic (such as having a translator, or not having an author)?
  • Thank you for your reply.

It's complex. Some sources have an author, some don't. Some have been translated, some only edited.

As for having a common characteristic, some colleagues have lists according to the language of the primary source. So a book could have three lists: sources in Sanskrit, in Tibetan, in Chinese, listed by alphabetical order of the title in the original language. Then also a separate, standard bibliography.

Maybe what I am trying to achieve can be done by using the "Language" field?
  • It's definitely possible to sort by language, yes.