year suffix delimiter (visual editor steveridout)

I have two problem the first: how i can add an year suffix delimiter like (antonucci 2009 a, antonucci 2009 b and so on)?

Is possible to see the exemple of the bibliography when i modifiy the style in "steveridout"?
thanks en advance!
  • desolée mais comment il faut faire pour effacer le vieux
  • Don't create a new thread for related questions... Someone will answer you.
  • d'accord...merci...
  • edited October 4, 2012
    You let Zotero do this for you. Assuming you're working in a word processor with Zotero plugin support (e.g. MS Word, OpenOffice, NeoOffice), you cite items using the word processor plugin (here's how).

As soon as you cite two items by the same author from the same year, the citation will be displayed as you want. If you are finding this doesn't seem to work, there are two possibilities: either (1) you have selected a style which doesn't do year suffixes (these are rare), or (2) your items do not have the exact same author in the Zotero database (e.g. E. Smith and Eric Smith), in which case Zotero doesn't have a way to know that you want a, b to appear.
  • and for the other problem? you have some suggestions?
  • See here for some tips. Basically, you want to go to the live reference test pane: chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul
  • mark: djtropez is using the csl editor.

@djtropez: You should see the example bibliography. Screenshot here.
  • Ah, okay, thanks gracile. I haven't tried that one.
  • mumble muble.....quel stupid......thanks gracile.....thanks mark
  • where I am wrong. I create a group, inside a macro with a label locator and a variable locator. the problem is that when I create a text to recall the macro it doesn't visualize anything....where am I wrong?

do you help me to understand?
  • go to the code editor, copy the code of the style and paste it to pastebin.com or gist.github.com and provide us with a link so we can take a look.
  • git clone git://gist.github.com/3835381.git gist-3835381

thanks but anyway if you can explain me as to do with the visual editor it would be better.... thanks!
  • edited October 4, 2012
    you're not actually calling the macro.
    (note how it says <text macro="" strip-periods="false"/> in the code )

Make sure that it actually says
    Type: Macro
    macro locator

in the visual editor where you insert the macro.

That said, I see you're still working with a completely fresh style rather than modifying an existing one. That's not what the visual editor was designed to do and it's a really inefficient tool for that purpose. To be perfectly honest, while we can answer questions here, we won't be able to hold your hand at every step of the way, especially if you consistently ignore our advice.
  • edited October 4, 2012
    git clone git://gist.github.com/3835446.git gist-3835446

now?
  • now you should see the page number but not the label - you're just pasting the variable, not the macro.
  • ok thanks! i understand now ....
  • hi i'm realizing my style and I would want to know how I can insert in the visualeditor "http://steveridout.com / csl / visualEditor/"

the field "name of procedures" and "titre of the conference" for the paper conferences

someone can help me?
  • You have to choose the right variable, see: https://aurimasv.github.com/z2csl/typeMap.xml
    "title" and "container-title" seemingly.
  • But, again, as adamsmith wrote:
    That said, I see you're still working with a completely fresh style rather than modifying an existing one.
    That's not what the visual editor was designed to do and it's a really inefficient tool for that purpose. To
    be perfectly honest, while we can answer questions here, we won't be able to hold your hand at every
    step of the way, especially if you consistently ignore our advice.
  • But, again, as adamsmith wrote:
    That said, I see you're still working with a completely fresh style rather than modifying an existing one.
    That's not what the visual editor was designed to do and it's a really inefficient tool for that purpose. To
    be perfectly honest, while we can answer questions here, we won't be able to hold your hand at every
    step of the way, especially if you consistently ignore our advice.
  • Cher "gracile", je te remercie et c'est pas vrai que j'ignore vôtres conseilles mais j'ai des difficultés à modifier un style (en effet j'ai pas encore bien compris comme ça marche le visual editor) donc j'essaye juste d’acquérir de l’expérience avec un nouveau style... merci encore....
  • comment je dois faire pour installer le plug in?
  • Quel plug-in?
  • j'arrive pas à ouvrir ton link https://aurimasv.github.com/z2csl/typeMap.xml

et j'ai chercher la page c'et un "add-on" pardon..... comment il faut faire pour l'installer?
    merci!
  • http://aurimasv.github.com/z2csl/typeMap.xml
    it's just a site, no need for a plugin - I believe it won't open with https (as given by Gracile) depending on your browser settings.
  • ok thanks, i have just another little problem is possible to insert just the surname of the author in note whitout the name?
  • set "form" to "short" for "name"