"et. al." statt "u. a." --> change "u. a." to "et al." by hard-coding?

Hallo,

ich benutze den Style "DIN 1505-2 (author-date, German)"
(http://www.zotero.org/styles/).

Mein Problem: In der Citation wird "u. a." anstelle von "et al." ausgegeben, also die deutsche Übersetzung. Das gefällt mir nicht und ich möchte das ändern, sodass die Citation ungefähr aussieht wie "XY et al. 1989".
Stundenlange Suche durch Foren usw. hat leider keine Ergebnisse gebracht. Das einzige, was ich rauskriegen konnte, ist, dass ich diese Phrase über sogenanntes "hard-coding" bestimmen kann. Wie mache ich das?

in English (hopefully):

Hi, I'm using the style "DIN 1505-2 (author-date, German)"
(http://www.zotero.org/styles/).

My problem: This is a German style, so it is translating the phrase "et al." to "u. a.". But that's not fine and I want to change it, so that the citation looks like "XY et al. 1999".
I just found out that I can change it with "hard-coding", but I don't know how it works. Can you help me?

Danke, Thanks
Christoph
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step

Around lines 53-54, you've to add this:<term name="et-al">et al.</term>
    just after <term name="collection-editor" form="short">Hrsg.</term>
    and before </terms>.

(The other terms will stay in German.)
  • Yes, that's it !!! Thank You very much !!!
  • Hallo.

Ich arbeite derzeit mit dem Zitierstil "Harvard - Institut für Praxisforschung (Bahr & Frackmann) (German)". Diesen würde ich ebenso gerne im Text auf et al. statt auf u.a. ändern. Ebenso werden Internetseiten im Literaturverzeichnis hier mit Available at: angegeben. Wie kann ich den Stil so umstellen, dass ich nach der URL folgendes steht: [Zugriff am: xx.xx.xx]. Im Literaturverzeichnis würde ich auch gerne ändern, dass alle Namen angezeigt werden mit dem ganzen Vornamen und dem Zweitnamen nur abgkürzt, falls einer vorhanden ist.
    Wenn jemand eine Idee hat, würde ich mich sehr freuen.

Grüße

Hi.

Acutaly im working with the Style ""Harvard - Institut für Praxisforschung (Bahr & Frackmann) (German)" where also the phrase "u.a." exists . If there is someone who could help me to change this in et al., please contact me here.

I also would like to change:

- Avialable at: In the Biliography I need the phrase "[Zugriff am: (date)] after an URL.
    - And all names should be written out. Only the second name should be initial with a point if there is one.

Would be great if someone could help me out.

Thanx.

Daniel
  • Hi!

I had exactly the same problem as Christoph (2012) and tried exactly the term et al. code and it is not working. It doesn't even say error, it just does nothing and shows "u.a"

May I ask for some help with this, please? I am lost...
    Thanks in advance!

Tara
  • What exactly have you changed? Can you post your style to gist.github.com and link here?
  • edited June 13, 2018
    You'll want to add this locale section into the style after the info part and before the first macro.
    If it already has a local section you just add the line starting with term in.
    <locale xml:lang="dk">
    <terms>
    <term name="et-al">et al.</term>
    </terms>
    </locale>
  • At least when the original style is german, damnation`s code only worked, when I changed "dk" to "de" (first line).

I thought that might be interesting for the next people attempting.