Word Integration: bug with non-breaking space

Hi everybody!

I was creating a citation style, and had something like this:
<number variable="edition" form="ordinal" suffix=" "/>
<text term="edition"/>

This works fine with LibreOffice. In Word (tested with Mac Word 2008, but I think it is also true for its Windows counterpart), the   entity (non-breaking space) turns into this:  

This only happens when   is in a suffix or prefix attribute on a number element. As a workaround I was thus able to do this:
<number variable="edition" form="ordinal"/>
<text term="edition" prefix=" "/>

Even though the workaround is not too difficult, it'd be nice to have this bug fixed.
  • I'll try to look into this sometime in the next couple of weeks. If the issue is important to your work and you don't hear back, feel free to bump this thread. Meanwhile, a workaround would be to put to the non-breaking space on a group wrapper around the number node.
  • Thank you! The fix is not very important to my work, I was able to work around the bug using different solutions (including using the non-breaking space as a delimiter on a group element, as you suggest). Just wanted to report it, as others may encounter it.
  • This is now fixed, in processor release 1.0.382. The update will be reflected in the next Zotero release. If you have time to test the fix, you can do so by installing this plugin (its only effect is to swap in the latest processor version). After testing (or after installing the next Zotero version, if you rely on the upgrade), the plugin should be removed.
  • Sorry, it took me some time to get around to testing it. Indeed, it works perfectly. Thank you very much for your quick reaction!