text note seperate from references

I have searched but cannot find how to compile, using Chicago , how to compile a seperate list of notes that are my 'aside' comments from the list of references.

I need to do this as my comments are part of the word limit but references aren't.I am sure it is probably obvious .... but can anyone help please
  • I don't think I fully understand - and example would help - but from what I do understand I don't think this is possible.
  • Sorry I didn't explain myself very well!
    In addition to citations, I need to include some additional comments that refer to the main text. Usually I add them as a footnote and the references are put at the end...but on this occasion I have been asked to put any such footnotes at the end of the document. I have also been told i must use Chicago style.

Whilst these notes will go at the end they are included in the citation list, not kept seperately.

I can of course create them manually- which sounds as if that is what will happen - but thought I would ask
  • To me this sounds like you'd be using regular Chicago style with endnotes - where both explanatory notes and references are in endnotes. There is no way to keep them apart for the wordcount, though, sorry.
  • I'm trying to include an explanatory note with my endnotes. The note contains no cited reference. Zotero won't let me do this? (Using Chicago 17 style, full note)
  • Just insert a footnote/Endnote using the native Word function in the Reference tab.