seems to catch type conference paper

im currently working on a schema, but have got some issues with

<else-if type="chapter">

also catching items of type="paper-conference"

has anyone else come accross this, or am i doing soemthing wrong ?
  • edited February 26, 2008
    Papers published in conference proceedings (Zotero "conference paper" type) are cited as "chapter," conference presentations (Zotero "presentation" type) are cited as "paper-conference"--can you explain how that creates a problem for your style? If this needs to be changed please post your request on the zotero-dev list and/or the xbiblio-dev list (the latter is for CSL development and implementation).
  • ok, ill see if i can work it with that info.

it was just unexpected, more than anything. Im just trying to implement a referencing specification ive been given for my university dissertation.

unfortunately the conference paper specifications is slightly different from that of the chapters. but ill take another look.

Thanks
  • edited February 26, 2008
    It should be possible to change Zotero mapping to accommodate special formatting for conference proceedings--this needs to be discussed with Zotero & CSL developers first however--see this zotero-dev post.
  • I agree with cris.fane. There should be the possibility to differentiate between a book section and a conference paper. Both are cited as "chapter" at the moment. Are there any plans to change that (soon) ? Which possibilities do I have at the moment to differentiate between book sections and conference papers at the bibliography (same input data options at the zotero-info sheet)?

@ cris.fane: how have you got round with the conference papers finally?

Thank you very much for your help and developing zotero!

Michael
  • Michael - you can have separate rules for conference papers - the csl term is paper-conference and Zotero maps to that. chapter is the fallback option for the item type, so if you want to test for paper-conference you need to do that _before_ testing for chapter but it's absolutely possible to differentiate (and there are some - few - style that do).
    For item types and mapping see here:
    http://gsl-nagoya-u.net/http/pub/csl-fields/index.html
    The same applies for book and report btw.
  • Thank you very much. I didn't know something about the fall back options. I changed the positions in the csl-code and it works now...Great.
  • @adamsmith,

I'm pretty sure we eliminated the type-specific fallbacks in CSL 1.0. If it doesn't match exactly, it just falls through to else like a normal conditional would do.
  • It's not in the upgrade notes for CSL 1.0, but yes, item type fallback was removed for CSL 1.0.