SOLVED : Macro warning when open Word 2010 and when attempting to use Zotero

Apologies, I posted in another thread regarding this but my problem is different to the other poster I think.

Im using Word 2010 and well all was fine yesterday with Word > Zotero stand-alone however a few hours ago I did a fresh install of Windows 7.

I have all my academic software installed but Word 2010 give me a macro warning when starting. When I remove the Zotero.dot file from the startup folder listed the trusted locations Word opens with no problems.

Any ideas?

Dave
  • Found the solution:

Go to Add/Remove Programs(XP) or Programs and Features(Vista or Win 7) from Control Panel and select Microsoft Office 2007 from the list.
    Click Change and click Add/Remove Features.
    Expand Office Shared Features and the arrow beside Visual Basic for Applications. Select Installed on First Use.
    Click Continue and let the process completed.

Once this is completed, open Word, it will work fine.
  • The above solution did not work for me. I found this post that was helpful: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/19114/

In short on my Windows 8 computer the zotero.dot file ends up in autostart instead of the trusted startup directory. This discrepancy is probably caused by me having Windows in English and while the MS Office 2010 is in Swedish.

As the autostart is not a trusted directory it causes the complaint. I solved this as suggested in the previous mentioned post, I simply added the autostart directory, MS has a post on this here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/add-remove-or-modify-a-trusted-location-for-your-files-HA010354311.aspx?CTT=1

A possible alternative could be to move the zotero.dot to startup but today I felt like being lazy...
  • David, you've saved my day! I tried all other solutions of the macro warning problem and nothing worked until I had activated the Visual Basic for Application feature (Word 2007).
    Thanks a lot!
  • edited July 11, 2015
    Thanks to David,
    I have same problem and solved it by installing Visual Basic for Application feature (Word 2010).
  • Thank you David! Solved my problem (o: (word 2013)