Turabian bibliography troubleshooting

I'm attempting to generate a bibliography using the Turabian Full Bibliography style. When I select "Add Bibliography" from the menu in Word, I get a message stating that the style doesn't include bibliography and that I should select a different style. This seems odd, since the preview for the style shows what the bibliography format looks like.

When I drag items directly from Zotero, it generates a bibliography in a different style.

Is it possible to generate a Turabian bibliography?
  • Re-install Turabian from the style repository. Most likely just something didn't work during install.
    In general you're doing everything right and this should work.
  • Thanks for writing. I actually tried that, and I've continued to have the problem. Anything else I could be missing? I'm using the latest version of Word on a Mac.
  • In this order:
    1. Find the Folder "styles" in the Zotero data folder:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data
    make a copy and save it somewhere on your computer.

2. Retrigger the error trying to create a bibliography
    and create an report ID and post it here:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs

3. Then, "reset styles" from the advanced tab of the Zotero preferences.
    Re-install the style (and any other non-default style you need). Even if that works, please keep the folder saved under 1. and still post the ID from 2.
  • adamsmith,

It didn't look like zamiraha followed up, but I'm having the same problem. I've submitted report ID: 1602796613. Here are the steps I've taken.

1. Install Turabian Style (Full Note with Bibliography).
    2. In Zotero Preferences, under Export, select the Turabian Style.
    3. Go back to my word document ... currently have three footnotes inserted using the Turabian Style. Click on a new page and click "Zotero Insert Bibliography" button under the Add-Ins tool bar.
    4. I get the error, "The current bibliographic style does not define a bibliography. If you wish to add a bibliography, please choose another style."
    5. I restarted Firefox and MS Word, reset the styles, reinstalled the style as you mention above, restarted MS Word again, and the bibliography worked.

I'm running MS Word 2007 (also have EndNote plugin installed), Zotero 2.1.10 with a user defined directory location in a different spot (the "styles" folder I copied out was the one from my user defined location, although I had one in the location specified in the link under #1).

Let me know if I can do anything else to help.
  • from my perspective that's it - it now works for you.
    Dan or Simon may follow up with questions about the error report - this seems to occur from time to time and I don't think anyone knows why and obviously it would be nice to prevent this from happening, even if it's relatively easy to fix.