Citing newspaper articles without title and author and getting only one bibliography entry

Hi,

I didn't find any answer on this with the search function.

I am working on a piece where I extensively cite newspaper articles. I don't want to cite the single titles and authors because I cite so many that it would be extremely time consuming to create single citations for each article and this information is not relevant enough.
I am using APA 6 by the way.

So far I added the citations by hand but this creates problems when I want to cite a newspaper article AND a standard journal or book from Zotero in one instance.

What I would like to have in the text is something like (NYT, July 13, 2008) which would be matched by a bibliographical item like "NYT (New York Times). (various dates). New York." (I could live without the abbreviation and use the full title in the text instead).

Is there any way to create something like this in Zotero? I can't think of one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Zotero 2.1 won't do this automatically, but you could edit the bibliography at the last stage of production.
  • OK, thanks for your reply.
  • Hello,

I have a very similar problem, so I was curious how you solved the issue.

My problem:
    I want to cite from a historical periodical (missionary magazine) as one of my main sources, also here no need and time to create items for each article. I want to cite using footnotes (e.g. Chicago Full Note, or similar), and it should say only "NOAM 7 (1893): 33" or similar.
    The bibliography I can of course edit at the end, to just include the full title of the magazine and range of years cited.

But using the LibreOffice-Plugin, I have the following problem:
    A subsequent cite will (in chicago full note) only show the page number, nothing else (because I have not entered a title, see above).

I don't know how to change the CSL, especially since I also want to cite other journal articles the "normal" way, with a short note as subsequent citation.

Can anybody help me?
  • Can't be done currently.