Bibliography error

Bibliography problem: single author not treated as such.

Hanihara, Kazurō. 1991. Dual structure model for the population history of the Japanese. Japan Review 2: 1–33.
———. 1993. Tokubetsu kōen II: Nihonjin no rūtsu. Dai 35-kai Nihon Rōnen Igakkai kiroku, no. 30: 923-930.
Hanihara, Kazurō, ed. 1993. Nihonjin to Nihon bunka no keisei. Tokyo: Asakura Shoten.
Hanihara, Kazurō. 1993. Nihonjin shūdan no keisei: Nijū kōzō moderu. In Nihonjin to Nihon bunka no keisei, ed. Kazurō Hanihara, 258-279. Tokyo: Asakura Shoten.

Example citations from paper:
1. (Hanihara 1991; Hanihara 1993) See also Hanihara’s 1993 edited volume on the cultural and ethnogenesis of the Japanese. (Hanihara 1993)
2. Summarized in (Hanihara 1993)

As you can see, there are three sources cited as Hanihara 1993 without distinction. What's going wrong here?
  • My sense is that it could be connected to the fact that it's once a journal author, once an editor, and once a chapter author - that obviously shouldn't be the case, though.
    I think, unless you're towards the end of a major project, I'd recommend you to update to Zotero 2.1, which is shortly before it's release (the current version is release candidate 1). If you're already on 2.1 we'd need to troubleshoot this quickly, though.
  • Thank you for the suggestion.
    I will try upgrading to 2.1 on my office machine tomorrow and post the results here. This is part of an upcoming conference paper and my dissertation (does that qualify as "big?"), so I don't want to take any chances on my primary box.

I also wanted to float the possibility that it's something to do with the macron over the last letter of the author's name. I've had macron trouble of various sorts with all versions of Zotero I've used in the past, though admittedly this would be novel.

Thanks again.
  • dissertation qualifies as big of course, but the time-frame matters - if you're handing in in April or May you probably shouldn't switch now. If your a year or two away from finishing you should go ahead and do it now.