Accept self-signed SSL certificate for WebDAV

Hi!
We've set up our own web/webdav server to store Zotero attachments. This worked well with the Firefox plugin so far. But the standalone version raises the warning "SSL certificate error connecting to <our-server>. Load your WebDAV URL in the browser for more information." when I click "Verify Server" or try to sync. I imported the SSL certificate into Google Chrome (which I'm using), but this didn't have an effect. I configured it to use the same data directory as the FF plugin.

Any hints?
Thanks!
  • But, yes, this is a known issue.
  • @noksagt Thanks, that worked! FTR: At least for me, FF's cert_override.txt has to be copied into $HOME/.zotero/zotero/xxxxxxxx.default/
  • edited February 15, 2011
    @paux, I encountered the same problem but don't know how to fix it through the link noksagt provided. I can find the cert_override.txt, but I don't know what is the certificate fingerprint of my webdav server. Could you please help me to fix it? Many thanks.
  • On OSX I'm not sure where to copy the cert_override.txt file. I don't have a xxxxxxx.default folder under my zotero folder. Any help please? I don't store my zotero folder inside the Firefox profile directory. Is this the reason?
  • edited August 24, 2011
    Nevermind found the location of the Zotero profile folder and put the cert_override.txt file at
    /Users/[User]/Library/Application Support/Zotero/Profiles/XXXXXXXX.default/cert_override.txt

I can sync with WebDAV server with self-signed SSL certificate from the stand alone version now.