Collections and subcollections don't show up

I've just come across a need to be able to share my libraries. I read the documentation on syncing and everything has worked except 'my library' on the website just has one huge collections (mylibrary) without any of my subcollections. This makes it very tedious to find anything. Also I can't seem to find a way to at least sort the library alphabetically by author which would help. Can someone let me know how to go about having all of my separate sub-collections to be maintained?
  • Your collections do appear to be on the server. A list of them should be showing up on the left side of the library page. If the server is under heavy load there is a chance it would not load but in that case it should display a message indicating as much.
  • Thanks for that. I kept working on the problem and found that I needed to create equivalent 'group libraries' to them to show up. I still have the sorting problem though. The items show up in order of most recently added. Is there a way to sort alphabetically by author? Also tags don't seem to translate. It would be great to have a list of tabs or to be able to search via tags.

Thoughts?
  • online there is currently no sorting nor filtering by tags - it's planned, though.
  • I've just recently synced my zotero account, but I'm also having the problem where my collections don't show up online - everything just appears in one big list in the Library. There's no note indicating that there are problems loading. Would anyone be able to provide help on this matter? Many thanks.
  • @sunpark
    You only have one collection synced to the server in your personal library. If there should be more the sync has not completed correctly.
  • I have the same problem that collections are not synced to other computers. I only see a long list of indiv. entries, but all the structure of (sub)collections is lost on the other PCs. Collections do correctly appear online, though. I am using the latest beta versions of firefox and standalone for windows from the webpage.

Thanks in advance,
  • edited December 12, 2011
    fpschill: That's highly unlikely—syncs are all or nothing. Make sure the parent library is expanded and that the data is in fact up to date—i.e., that when you sort by Date Modified you see the most recently created items.

If you're still having trouble, take a screenshot, post it to a free file-sharing site (e.g., imageshack.us), and post a link here.
  • Strangely it works today. And yes, I tried to expand the parent library but nothing happened. Unless it was something server related (unlikely since online the collections showed up), must have been a temporary glitch. Strange only that it happened on 2 different machines (windows and linux).
  • Did anyone find a fix for this? I can see my Collections in My Library when I log on to the Zotero site, but when I'm in Firefox using the Zotero window My Library will not expand to show my Collections.
  • edited March 9, 2015
    Same as I say above. If this isn't working, take a screenshot, post it somewhere, and post a link here. And make sure you've tried restarting Firefox and/or your computer. Also provide a Report ID.
This discussion has been closed.