MODS Export: Report (type) and Report Number Field

I have thoroughly examined the MODS schema online and I'm not sure that there is a place for a report number. I know that the Zotero export to MODS does not include the report number for report-type records when the record contains a report number in the appropriate field.

I am sharing records via MODS and I would like to include report numbers. Is there a place for report numbers in MODS. If there is, could the Zotero export to MODS be changed to include report numbers?

For some government agency reports the only thing that differentiates the report from another of the same title in the same year is the report number.
  • We can change the exporter, but we can't just stick the number arbitrarily. To do this, you'll have to identify how you want the report number to be represented and hopefully find a way to do it without breaking standards-compliance. I could also help you create a custom MODS exporter if you have an idea that won't match the standard but you'd like to use it anyway.
  • bibutils transforms BibTeX's 'number' (e.g. 'MSU-CSE-99-39') for a @techreport into:<part>
    <detail type="number"><number>MSU-CSE-99-39</number></detail>
    </part>
    Don't know if this is ideal, but....