Spinning Pinwheel on MacOS
After I open Zotero 10.0.0.5 on MacOS Tahoe 26.6.2, I get a spinning pinwheel of death. Zotero shows as "Not responding" in Activity Monitor and requires a force quit to close. No log files are being created. I have tried uninstalling Zotero and downloading the latest version today. I have also removed the Zotero directory and associated SQLite database. When I started it, it re-downloaded my library. After a minute or so, it went to the spinning pinwheel. I have tried starting it in debug mode and it also freezes. I have left it running for several minutes to no avail. I can access my library and read papers from my Windows PC and iPad without problem. But my Mac is my main research computer. What can I do to fix this?
Upgrade Storage
/Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/MacOS/zotero -ZoteroDebugText > ~/Desktop/zotero-debug.txt 2>&1Then, if it hangs, send zotero-debug.txt on your desktop to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.
Is your data directory in the default location?
Thank you!
Charles