trouble firefox 3.6.2

I get problem yesterday with zotero (last version) when firefox upgraded to 3.6.2. I can't no more access : a yellow icone (triangle on zotero icone) tells an error occur when zotero starts.

Could anybody help me ?

thanks
  • Delete compreg.dat and xpti.dat from your Firefox profile directory and try again.

If that doesn't help, restart your computer and try again.

If you still have trouble, follow the steps in the Advanced Instructions section of the Reporting Bugs page and let us know what appears in the Error Console.
  • delete files and restart don't help, so I go to reporting bugs page and follow the steps.

anyway thanks a lot for your quick answer.
  • Here is the copy of the lines that contain a URL beginning with “chrome:/in the Error console

Erreur : view.selection is null
    Fichier Source : chrome://global/content/config.js
    Ligne : 369

hope this is what you are expecting
  • No, that's not a Zotero error. Delete compreg.dat and xpti.dat, restart Firefox, and check the Error Console again.
  • edited March 31, 2010
    So I deteled (once more) the files and restart firefox. here are errors in which zotero seem to be involved. I distinguished them with a dotted line. Thanks again :

[extra output removed — D.S.]

Erreur : [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsILocalFile.remove]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/integration.js :: anonymous :: line 70" data: no]
    Fichier Source : file:///Users/sc/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/knqrz04m.default/extensions/zotero@chnm.gmu.edu/components/zotero-service.js
    Ligne : 134

[extra output removed — D.S.]
  • I got exactly the same problem!
  • Open Terminal from Spotlight or /Applications/Utilities and run the following commands (which you can copy and paste):

ls -la ~/.zoteroIntegrationPipe
    ls -la /Users/Shared/.zoteroIntegrationPipe*
    ls -lad ~
    ls -lad /Users/Shared/
    Press Enter after each and copy in the output.
  • I copy and press Enter after each. Here are the results, thanks

Last login: Wed Mar 31 20:31:47 on ttys000
    MacBook-Pro-3:~ sc$ ls -la ~/.zoteroIntegrationPipe
    ls: /Users/sc/.zoteroIntegrationPipe: No such file or directory
    MacBook-Pro-3:~ sc$ ls -la /Users/Shared/.zoteroIntegrationPipe*
    prw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 0 29 mar 22:51 /Users/Shared/.zoteroIntegrationPipe_sc
    MacBook-Pro-3:~ sc$ ls -lad ~
    drwxr-xr-x+ 33 sc staff 1122 20 mar 09:32 /Users/sc
    MacBook-Pro-3:~ sc$ ls -lad /Users/Shared/
    drwxrwxrwt 5 root wheel 170 29 mar 22:51 /Users/Shared/
    MacBook-Pro-3:~ sc$
  • Have you manually changed permissions on files in /Users/Shared?

/Users/Shared/.zoteroIntegrationPipe_sc is somehow owned by the root user on your system, which shouldn't be possible unless you made manual permissions changes outside of Firefox.

In any case, you should be able to fix it with this command:

sudo rm -f /Users/Shared/.zoteroIntegrationPipe_sc
    Type your password when it prompts you. You won't see the letters in Terminal as you type—just hit Return after you've typed it.

(Others would have to replace "sc" in the above command with their OS X username, as shown by "ls -la /Users/Shared/.zoteroIntegrationPipe*".)
  • No I haven't change manually the permissions ... Anyway, I could fix it, thanks to you and zotero works again.

have a good day.
    SC
  • Same problem here. Thank’s Dan for the fix. It works the second time when I read and do this «(Others would have to replace "sc" in the above command with their OS X username, as shown by "ls -la /Users/Shared/.zoteroIntegrationPipe*".)»
  • It worked! Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.