Where/How are all my entries stored?

If I'm going through the Zotero folder, there is the storage folder. There are all my pdfs stored. But they're each in a separate folder. How are those folders named? And is there a possibility to get all pdfs in one folder?

And where are all entries stored?
  • To add to that, the folders within storage have random alphanumeric names that are also part of the item key in the Zotero database. You can't change them. You can't save all files in one folder, but you _can_ use a saved search/virtual folder in your operating system to display all files or all PDFs in a single folder
  • Ok Thanks. And those item keys are also the keys all word citations are linked to?
  • It's a bit more complicated:
    a) Citations are linked via item URIs (constructed with the library ID and the item Key
    b) Citations are linked to the URI of the parent item, not the attachment: each attachment has it own item Key. It's used, e.g. in the open-pdf function Zotero implements for linking into specific pages of PDF, etc.
  • In LaTeX the in-text citations are linked to the reference data via a citation key. Is this key the same as the URI? Or are those generated separately by e.g. Better BibTeX? I'm not very familiar with LaTeX but I need this information in case somebody will run my citation style via a LaTeX editor.
  • No citekeys are typically somewhat human readable (authorYYYY is common, e.g.) and have nothing to do with URIs.