Page snapshots work intermittently with connector - most of the time not at all

Most of the time I try to snapshot it just goes grey like pictured and saves the link only. It doesn't matter if I leave it for ages, it still does nothing. Sometimes when I come back alter though, it works immediately. However, straight after (literally about 10 seconds after) I try and snapshot another webpage and it isn't working again.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why this happens, I am very puzzled. I am using a Mac and Google Chrome. I have tried turning the connector on and off again, and even reinstalling it, and I get the same thing.

It has been happening for months off and on, but it has become absolutely chronic in the last week or so.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u11106873/av876uaaim3t9gnjd1t2.png
  • Does it happen if you disable all other browser extensions?

Can you provide a Debug ID for reloading the page and reproducing this?
  • Hi,

I tried disabling all other extensions and doesn't seem to make much of a difference. It's still highly intermittent.

The article I tried and failed to snapshot earlier miraculously worked this time though, while others still did not.

This is my debug ID from trying one that didn't work:

D589192434

Thanks.
  • Could you provide a Debug ID from Zotero for a failed attempt? Depending on the translator used to save the website either the Zotero Connector or Zotero saves the snapshot, and in the case of the page you submitted the Debug ID for it is Zotero that performs the save.