Zotero crashes everytime

Hi,
In my 400 pages long document zotero crashes any time I add a footnote or edit one. What should I do? I cant work like that.
Thanks.
  • What word processor and version?
    What operating system and version?
    What version of Zotero?
    What bibliographic style?

Better describe what you mean by "crash". Does it seem that Zotero or your word processor freezes or something else? Please describe.

If you are using a Mac and Microsoft Word there are things that can be done to greatly improve your experience. However, because of the current design of MS Word it will be slow with large documents in the Mac operating system. Someone will be able to offer specific suggestions once you have answered the questions above.
  • @Stella_89 also submit a Report ID after the error occurs.
  • Hi, I am using Mac Sonoma 14.4.1 and Word for Mac 16.84.
    Automatic refreshing is disabled, but when I enter/edit footnote it crashes and/or takes forever. Any tipps? Thanks.
  • Do submit the Report ID (follow the link above). Are you using Zotero 6 or the 7 beta? How long is "forever"? In a long document, Word for Mac is known to be very slow. Zotero is working with Microsoft to improve the speed. (Other bibliography management software is equally quite slow with Word for Mac.)

Are you using a true footnote style or are you meaning that you are entering a citation that will appear in the bibliography? If you have disabled refreshing and it is still slow; a report ID might help someone here to help you.