WebDav Zotero 7

WebDav works for me in Zotero 6. I was trying the zotero 7 beta, and I get a server could not be reached error.

If I open the database up back in Zotero 6, it works fine. I can of course access my webdav server through other apps and services, plus it works in Zotero 6.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed/updated in zotero7 that I'm not seeing to get webdav to work, or is this maybe just one of those bugs in a beta thing that shouldn't work?
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for this?
  • Yes, sorry. D1013139134
  • This is some sort of local DNS? That domain doesn't resolve globally.
  • Yes, it's a local DNS record in my router that I only access on my home server from my other computer/laptop on the same network. Ultimately if needed outside access I do it through wireguard, but not trying that right now.
  • Possible that Zotero isn't using the same DNS setting and is skipping your local resolver or something. Zotero is based on Firefox, so you'll need to play with the Firefox DNS/network settings in the Config Editor (a.k.a. about:config) in the Advanced pane of the prefs, restarting after making changes. You can also check whether you can access your server from an actual Firefox installation.

Could also be a network/proxy issue, but Zotero is able to connect generally, so DNS seems more likely.
  • So I run linux, and my firefox browser has DNS set to use the default DNS resolver for my system. My system DNS resolves to my router. I can access my webdav from firefox as well (I'm using SFTPgo). I can use curl from my command line to access and place files on my webdav as well. Further it works with with a drop in install of zotero 6 with the same config files/folders, so I figure there has to be something with zotero 7.

I agree though I thought it felt like DNS. But actually if I just put in the IP of my webdav server I get the same error. I thought I'd get an error about not being able to verify the SSL handshake since the cert wouldn't be valid for the IP, but I don't get that. I get the exact same error that it couldn't be reached, and the debug log looks the same. I don't run a proxy, but I've been looking at those settings as well and can't find anything that seems clearly wrong.