Feedback on Zotero's Search Functionality

Hello Zotero Team,

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for developing Zotero, which has significantly contributed to organizing my research more effectively. Your work is truly appreciated!

I'm writing to share some observations and suggestions regarding the search functionality within Zotero. I've noticed that the search feature sometimes struggles with case sensitivity, making it difficult to find items when the exact case isn't matched. Additionally, while the advanced search options are helpful, they seem to lack the comprehensiveness found in other reference management tools, such as EndNote, particularly in terms of filtering and precision.

Improving these aspects of the search functionality—case sensitivity handling and expanding advanced search capabilities—could greatly enhance the overall user experience. I believe these refinements could bridge the gap between Zotero and other tools, making Zotero even more indispensable to its users.

Thank you for considering my suggestions. I'm excited about Zotero's future developments and how they will continue to support the research community.
  • @Sonnet0330: This is all too vague for us to do anything with.
    I've noticed that the search feature sometimes struggles with case sensitivity, making it difficult to find items when the exact case isn't matched.
    This should not be the case. Can you provide an example, and a Debug ID for reproducing it?
    Additionally, while the advanced search options are helpful, they seem to lack the comprehensiveness found in other reference management tools, such as EndNote, particularly in terms of filtering and precision.
    No idea what you mean by this, so you'd have to say more. Zotero allows you to construct complicated, nested searches on nearly any field in the database.