Can’t open zotero website on chrome and safari

I can’t open zotero website on chrome and safari on my Mac as it keeps saying connection is not private. I’m therefore failing to link it to MS word or even Google Docs. The connection is not private error cant by bypassed. How do I go around this ?
  • What's the exact error?

In any case, that would be some sort of problem with your browser or network connection. Make sure you're using current versions of macOS and Chrome, and if you're still having trouble try from a different network.

Neither Word nor Google Docs integration makes any sort of connection to the Zotero website, though, so I'm not sure what you mean there.
  • I have word 2011 on my mac and the macOs version I have is outdated to get word 2016. Adding word to zotero is not possible because it keeps saying get word 2016 or later. That’s why I had resorted to using Google Docs of which the zotero website can’t load on any browser as it keeps saying connection not private and certificate is not valid
  • edited February 19, 2024
    @Delighty: What macOS version is this?
    That’s why I had resorted to using Google Docs of which the zotero website can’t load on any browser as it keeps saying connection not private and certificate is not valid
    I'm still confused by this:

1) Again, Google Docs integration doesn't connect to the Zotero website at all. It just connects to the Zotero app on your computer.

2) How exactly are you trying to open the Zotero website?

3) You're posting on this website. Are you posting from a different device?

Can you share a screenshot of the full browser window where you're seeing the certificate error (or send it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread)?