iOS webdav sync not working (MacOS does work)

I have a problem with WebDav syncing of PDF files. Between 2 Mac computers the syncing does work perfectly. But on my iphone and ipad there is no syncing and I cannot read the files. When I check the webdav settings to verify the server I get an error. massage that Could not connect tot WebDav server. I know for sure that the name and password are correct.
Is there an issue with the iOS version and WebDav syncing?
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for trying to verify the server?

Note, though, that you have to connect over HTTPS from the iOS app if this is a non-local address.
  • ID D188669469
  • edited October 23, 2023
    @TheOmen: It's what I say above. You're trying to connect to an HTTP (rather than HTTPS) WebDAV address, which isn't supported in the iOS app for non-local addresses due to restrictions from Apple.
  • Oke tnx for the answer. Then I have to look at the certificate which is not accepted as far as I can see.
  • D2054814609
    is the new ID --> I try https, but still no connection. Where I use the same information when i remotely connect with webdav from my phone. How can I make zotero iOS accept my SSL certificate?
  • edited October 25, 2023
    Self-signed certificates aren't currently supported in the iOS app. You can get a free trusted certificate from Let's Encrypt.
  • Actually, it's not a self-signed certificate — you're just connecting via an IP address, which wouldn't match the certificate, instead of using the domain name.