Crashing in iPad

• Is this new as of today, or has this been happening?

What are the steps to reproduce it?
  • Not new as of today, has been happening for the past two weeks or so at least. Always after using the annotation tool (scribble and highlight).
  • Can you provide the Report ID from after a crash? (That's different from a Debug ID, which wouldn't capture a crash.)
  • I couldn't figure that out as I'm on iOS. Is that possible?
    https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems

But: Am playing around, and it's not crashing after the usual business of scribble and highlight. Nice, though I'm not sure what's changed. Stay tuned I guess?

Thanks
  • It should let you submit a crash log and give you a Report ID after the app crashes.

But we fixed various crashes in a new version of the app that just came out today, so there's a good chance these are just fixed.
  • I spoke too soon.

D352960672

I think I can’t do a Report ID because the whole iPad shuts down and restarts. This is after using scribble tool.

I am running iPadOS 10.0.3 (A1A360) and Zotero Version 1.0.20 Build207
  • edited October 20, 2023
    (You mean iPadOS 17.0.3.)

If the whole iPad is restarting, that's an OS bug that will need to be fixed by Apple.

If you have very specific steps to reproduce this reliably, we can try to reproduce it and avoid it somehow, but fundamentally anything beyond an app crash is an OS problem.