Blue citations - how to remove the color?

When I "add note" from the world plug-in, all the citations appear blue and underlined as if they were hyperlinks. But in fact they are not clickable or anything like hyperlinks. They seem to be just normal citations. Why are they blue and how to remove this as it seems to have no functionality and only messes up the document.
  • Can you take a screenshot, upload it somewhere (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and provide a link here?

How did you create the notes?
  • correction - no, they are not all underlined - just some of the notes produce underlined blue citations. Others are just blue
  • edited January 19, 2023
    And you're saying those are regular Zotero citations? That is, standard Word fields, that Add/Edit Citation works on? If you right-click on one, can you choose Toggle Field Codes? What do you see?

What do they look like in the Zotero note?
  • And you didn't answer the question of how you created the Zotero note. Did you use Add Note from Annotations, or some plugin?
  • In Zotero note they look normal - black, not underlined.
    Yes, they seem to behave otherwise as normal citation fields. I can righgt-click them and toggle field codes - they display the normal info when toggled
  • I created this by pressing "add note" in the zotero ribbon in MS word - right next to Add/Edit citation. I understand that this is the regular way
  • edited January 19, 2023
    No, I'm asking how you created the notes in Zotero, and what they look like. We also need to see a screenshot of what you see after toggling field codes.

No one has ever reported anything like this, so we really need to see more screenshots to have any chance of understanding what's going on.
  • Add/Edit works on these fields correctly. But after editing they remain blue and if they are underlined, they remain underlined
  • Can you send the document to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?

I think this would have to be some Word setting. It sounds like these are in fact active Zotero citations.
  • What happens if you create a new citation with Add/Edit Citation? Do they look like this?
  • In Zotero I did this:
    pressed "Add a stand alone note"
    Then highlightted a text and in the drop-down menu selected "Add to note"
  • "What happens if you create a new citation with Add/Edit Citation? Do they look like this?"
    If I just add citation it appears normal - black, not underlined.
  • Yeah, again, we'll need to see the document.
  • added to the dropbox link the document too
  • What's the version number of Word that you are running? Could you submit a Report ID from Zotero?
  • Word: 16.69.1. It updates automatically and should be the latest version.
    Submitted the Error report ID: 1959059439
  • edited February 2, 2023
    Sorry, this is indeed a bug with Add Note in the current Mac version — you're just the first to report it. This should be fixed in the latest Zotero beta, and we'll release Zotero 6.0.21 soon with a fix. Thanks for the report.
  • @klavs: This is fixed now in Zotero 6.0.21.