Zotero Connector was unable to communicate with the Zotero desktop application

Tried using the chrome extension in a pubmed article but the above message kept appearing. Appears on any website I try to go on. Checked than the desktop app was open, it was, then went about general troubleshooting with the link provided and it says Zotero is running so that's not the issue. Looked for updates with the connector and desktop app, none available but uninstalled and reinstalled just in case. Still no luck. Tried restarting browser and the computer and the message still isn't disappearing. Any suggestions or help would be really appreciated
  • I have had the same problem now three separate times-- most of the time if I restart my computer it works but not always. I try all the connector unavailable support options (that I am capable of without programming language knowledge) and nothing works. I would also appreciate some suggestions!
  • @jsickell: All the relevant information is on that page. If you're still having trouble, ask someone technical to help you go through it, but this is a problem on your computer, not in Zotero, so all we can do is document the possible things that could be interfering.
  • @adomasven I have gone through the page you have suggested but I am still having issues. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated
  • Same answer as above.
  • Problème identique, j'ai tout désinstallé et réinstallé, zotero et connector. ... J'ai tout essayé en vain... Merci d'avance de bien vouloir nous éclairer
  • Folks, there's nothing more we can say here. The linked page explains the situation and the possible solutions. And it says a lot more than uninstalling and reinstalling the Zotero Connector.

Again, if you're having trouble following all the steps on your own, you'll need to ask someone technical (or your IT department if you have one) to go through them with you. But this is absolutely not a problem in Zotero itself, so it's something you'll need to troubleshoot on your own computer.
  • I added some additional troubleshooting information to the last section of the linked page, for cases where the URL doesn't work in any browser.