Syn issue

Hello my report error ID is 1590466979

I use Zotero across multiple computers. It is now telling me

"The creator name “(SAYS VARIOUS NAMES)” in one of your items is too long to sync. Shorten the field and sync again.

If you receive this message repeatedly for items saved from a particular site, you can report this issue in the Zotero Forums.:

No matter how many I fix there seem to be more and it will not update several of my folders. It says they are empty on this computer but on my home computer it is available.

I spent about 20 minutes going through each error message and changing the editor name however it seems endless. Not sure what to do.

TIA !
  • Can you figure out where you imported those items from? Is this an OVID database? If so, which?

This happens when all authors for an item are imported as a single author, which obviously shouldn't happen in the first place

(@dstillman @AbeJellinek -- we had once talked about some sort of failsafe to prevent this type of thing from happening even with bad data: that could just be throwing a warning/error for overly long authors, or automatically splitting authors with >2 commas on import or anything else -- but since this appears to happen mostly for people with large imports, it's a giant pain for users, so would be great to avoid)
  • They were imported from other Zotero folders. I have assigned students folders to sort through. They sent them back to me sorted. All .rdf so not sure where it got jumbled. Thank you!
  • Seems highly likely that this was entered/imported by the students that way. I don't see how Zotero RDF could possibly cause this.
    Do those items have anything in the Library Catalog field?