No search in some (!) collections, macOS 12.6.1

Hi folks,

since a few days I have quite a glitch here. I have four collections: Two are papers regarding Brachyura (True crabs) and Decapoda (Tenlegged crustaceans) in general with some nearly 40 GB of data. Works perfect.
The other two are some 100 to 200 issues of PDFs the aquaristics magazines I'm editor in chief of. They worked seamlessly until a few days ago (and I'm not sure wether it was maybe the last macOS update from 12.6.0 to 12.6.1, an automatic update of Zotero or a backup I had to recover on my Mac.
Everything is on my Mac, nothing synching or so (remember: 40 GB!). ;-)

The problem with the two smaller collections is that as soon as I type a character in the search field the main window with al the papers blanks out. Whatever search phrase I use no papers are shown.

I recovered all files stored in the library from my backup. No paper is missing. Collections are complete, but just in two of the four collections I cannot search for anything (therefore these collections are useless).
I tried to re-index, delete the index and re-index again but there seems nothing to happen. It stays with 81 indiced

Zotero 6.0.18 with macOS Monterey 12.6.1 on a MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2015.

Thanks and stay safe, Ollie
  • Really nobody an idea?
  • Does it happen in all quick search modes?

Are you using View → Show Items from Subcollections?

Can you provide a Debug ID for this happening?
  • Hi dstillman,

thank you. I can see no difference in any of the three modes (until now I only used "all").

No, I'm not using the view with subfolders – end when I tried shortly now it didn't change anything (but I don't have any subfolders anyway).

My debug IDD is D217807408 (hopefully it recorded something).

Thx & cheers, Ollie
  • Make sure you try with all plugins disabled.

Can you take a couple screenshots that show 1) one or more of the items you’re expecting to find (without an active search) and 2) what you’re getting with a search, and then either upload them somewhere (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and provide a link here or email them to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?
  • Wow, thank you so much! You repaired it! :-D

I don't know why but finally the search works as expected again. Obviously the debug ID or some other action (maybe clicking the different search types through) repaired some small detail that was set wrong for just those two out of four catalogues.

That's great! Full functionality again. I thought it must be just some small detail but I'd have never found it without your help. Thank you! :-)
  • I was just starting to do the screenshots when I noticed it seemed to be something different. and indeed it was, it worked again :-D