Suggestions for the PDF reader

edited November 9, 2023
Hi,

I just wanted to share some wild ideas about some features which would be helpful for reading academic texts.

1. A quickly accessible button (on the top menu pane of the reader, next to 'Previous Page', 'Next Page', etc.) which would show thumbnails of all pages, and, as in the PDF Expert and PDF Viewer apps on Mac, allow to sort annotated pages and bookmarked pages). (I know I can do almost all of this via Toggle Sidebar —> Show Thumbnails —> manually widen the sidebar, but it would be nice to do all of that via just one click).

2. It would be great to have Info and Notes accessible in the Viewer in the full screen mode, too.

3. It would be nice to be able to see all my highlights together, embedded in the text, as in LiquidText app on Mac.

4. Finally, it would be amazing to be able to see full references as popping up when I cover in-text citations with the cursor, and to bookmark citations I like, as in Paperly app on Mac.

I understand it is a lot and perhaps incompatible with the reader, but I thought I'd share this anyway.