Report ID: 207732087 - out of storage?

Hi,

I am trying to save online publications to Zotero (standalone), but the following warning comes up: “The group 'Publications 2017' has reached its Zotero File Storage quota. Some files were not uploaded. Other Zotero data will continue to sync to the server. The group owner can increase the group's storage capacity from the storage settings section on zotero.org”

The group owner has now left the University.

When I view the settings (on Zotero.org) it’s showing that I haven’t used any storage (out of 300mb).

I am very new to this, so any advice will be really gratefully received and my apologies if I’m not using the correct terms!

Thank you and best wishes,

Hannah
  • The storage for files for the group comes out of the quota for the group owner, not your own. If possible, please contact the owner of the group and ask them to transfer ownership to another group member that is still at the university. If that's not possible, please email storage@zotero.org with a link to this thread and explain the situation.

In the future, for groups for labs, research groups, etc., we recommend creating a separate "lab account" that is the owner of the group and for which at least two people know the login information.
  • Hi there,

Thank you so much, this is really helpful. The group owner has left the University so I will email and sort this way.

Thank you hugely!

Hannah