MLA style for journals is incorrect

After the name of a journal and before the volume and issue numbers there should NOT be a period, according to MLA Style. Zotero places a period between them.
  • thanks. I've double checked and updated the style in the repository.
    I'm still confused how exactly the updating of core style work, if it's automatic or not.
    So to be safe, install from here:
    http://www.zotero.org/styles/mla/dev?install=1
    please report any problems.

Dan, please push the corrected style if necessary.
  • Thanks. Styles are never pushed to clients automatically on commit (since anyone can commit)—that has to be done manually, which I've now done.

Copies of Zotero should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Now in the General pane of the Zotero prefs.
  • Thanks. Styles are never pushed to clients automatically on commit (since anyone can commit)—that has to be done manually, which I've now done.
    OK, I think I've finally understood.
    Is that true for all styles or only for the core (i.e. non /dev) styles?
    If it also applies for the dev styles - is that something you just do routinely from time to time?
  • Currently, non-dev styles are never pushed to clients. Updates have to be installed manually. (We plan to add a mechanism for automatic updating of all installed styles at some point.)

For dev styles (including committed versions of core styles, which also become dev styles), the post-commit script should theoretically update the styles page immediately, but it's been broken for a while, so lately I've just been running it manually when I see a commit, which is usually within somewhere between 15 seconds and 8 hours.
  • thanks Dan, much appreciate you taking the time to explain. Now I've got it.