Report ID: 1061075235 plugin with Word 2003 "error updating your document"

I just installed the newest updates: 2.0b7.2, and 3.0a2 for Word and now I receive the message "Zotero experienced an error updating your document," when I try to use any of the buttons on the Word plugin. The error message appears on both new and old documents. I am using Word 2003. I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, but its a no go so far. I've had all the latest updates of both programs and haven't had a problem until now. Thanks for your help
  • Jesse,

There are no Zotero errors in there. Can you try selecting Report Errors again after triggering the message?
  • Here is the message:
    [JavaScript Error: "[zoteroWinWordIntegration Exception... "This command is not available because no document is open." code: "0" function: "zoteroWinWordApplication::GetActiveDocument" location: ".\zoteroWinWordApplication.cpp"]"]
    Thanks Again
  • Do you have more than one copy of Word installed or open?
  • I am following this with great interest since I have encountered exactly the same problem, and can not wait to get this brilliant programme up and running again!!!!
  • I only have Word 2003 installed, so only the 1 open at a time.
  • Do you still see the error if you restart your computer, and then create a new document before opening any other documents?
  • Thought I had tried every reboot scenario, but I guess I missed that one. Seems to be working now.
    Thanks alot
  • Jesse, if that worked, then you may be running up against this issue. In short, opening a document with information rights management will prevent Zotero from operating on any other open documents in Word 2003.
  • I was just posting this to another thread: I get the same error, but it only appears when the document is saved on a network drive. If the document is not yet saved, or saved on the hard disk, everything works fine.