Search gives wrong results when searching with two quoted expressions

I am using the latest version of Zotero. If I search for any expression that contains two quoted strings, I get results that are not valid. The system even finds references from My Library when searching inside any of my group libraries.

A good test string is "thisshouldnotebefound" "test". Without the quotes, no results are returned. With quotes, I get a lot of results but I fail to see any logic in what items are returned.

Smells like a bug with escaping "-character
  • Bump. I hate to bump threads, but would like to have this bug with a test case noted.
  • I can confirm this but it doesn't happen with all search terms. When it does happen the nonsensical search results seem to all be web snapshots. I have very few snapshots in my library so others may be able to provide better test cases.

You search for something that returns a lot of results

modernism
    and get lots of results. add a bogus keyword

modernism foobar
    no results. put in quotes

"modernism" "foobar"
    some results.

The results are not an OR search, "modernism OR foobar" but more like an OR search applied only to snapshots. Maybe. I don't have enough snapshots to do a good test.

Obviously could have something to do with "advanced search mode" (initial quotation mark that turns off search as you type). Incidentally even in advanced search mode zotero is selecting tags as you type - I don't think it worked this way before.