error on import from endnote

hi,

just trying to get an endnote database across to zotero..

I get this error and zotero hangs on the import:

[JavaScript Error: "syntax error" {file: "file:///Users/andrew/Desktop/Thesis.txt" line: 1 column: 1 source: "TY - BOOK"}]

[JavaScript Error: "syntax error" {file: "file:///Users/andrew/Desktop/Thesis.txt" line: 1 column: 1 source: "TY - BOOK"}]

I followed the instructions here: http://www.zotero.org/blog/making-the-switch-to-zotero/

--> endnote X2, zotero 2.0b6.2

any help appreciated
cheers
  • An apparent hang doesn't necessarily mean that it's not importing if it's a sizable database. Have you tried letting it go for a little while?

Also, if it's hanging, where are you seeing the error message?
  • the error I have quoted above is in the "report error" error log.. also if i click any where in my library it says in the Zotero window "An error has occurred. please restart firefox." this happens even if the file i am importing has one entry, which I tried incase it was just that it took a long time..
  • Post the single entry here.
  • TY - BOOK
    AU - Budge, E. A. Wallis
    PY - 1902
    BT - A history of Egypt from the end of the neolithic period to the Death of Cleopatra B.C.30
    CY - London
    PB - Kegan Paul, trench, Trubner & Co
    SP - 8 vols.
    T3 - Books on Egypt and Chaldæa ; Vols. 9-16.
    N1 - A history of Egypt from the end of the neolithic period to the Death of Cleopatra B.C.30
    N1 - 932
    N1 - Books on Egypt and Chaldæa ; v. 9-16.
    ID - 100
    ER -
  • OK, we'll fix this. In the meantime, give the file a .ris extension and it should import fine.