Export patent information as bibtex

Hello everybody,

when I export information of a patent in bibtex format they are always declared as "MISC". Hence, some fields are wrong or missing - e.g patent number, year, nationality, assignee etc... - does any body have a better translator for patents?

Best regards and thx.
  • Patents are a little tricky: @patent is not one of the original BibTeX types, but it is becoming more common & I believe that it was recently added to JabRef.

It is probably safe to add, but it might not work with all styles or programs that can import BibTeX.
  • Ok.... hm... is there a way to edit the export procedure? Jabref is a very common tool and I believe that it will be very interesting to have an additional feature here - a feature that enhances the work with both programs at the first time. Zotero - Jabref.

But that would probably require to much work. Therefore, is it not possible to have a bibtex file that is updated all the time from zotero in the moment something changes (e.g. adding new citations)? Then jabref is not required any more and there would be an interface not just in between open office and MS Word but also directly in between Zotero and Latex. I am sure that it would be a great surplus in the field of scientific writing. What do you think?
  • is there a way to edit the export procedure?
    You'd need to edit the BibTeX.js translator.
    Therefore, is it not possible to have a bibtex file that is updated all the time from zotero in the moment something changes (e.g. adding new citations)?
    I believe people had played with making Zotero plugins that would do this.
    there would be an interface ... between Zotero and Latex.
    See the Lytero plugin.