Edit a citation

Is it possible to edit a citation once it is in the document? I can see where I may need to do this if I check page numbers and need to correct.
Thanks!
  • Hi aoconnor,

Yes, You should be able to edit your citations after you put them in word using the plug-in, your citations are also editable if you export them to RTF files or to your clipboard. Are you having any difficulty doing this?
  • Hi... (sorry for the spelling, English is not my language) I'm running Zotero 1.0.0cr3 using OOo plug in. Two problems with it.

1. After inserting a citation, everything you type after that gets the gray color and if you Refresh the text disappears.

2. How can I edit the citation to be form (Smith, 2003)... to Smith (2003), asuming I type Smith.
  • CB
    edited August 23, 2007
    This is a problem with the plug-ins the way they work at present. There are many formats of citation that are needed to make in-text citations flow well with the content; plain-old (Smith, p. xx) is really only the beginning. The pdf documentation for the BibTeX 'apacite' package has a decent catalogue of necessary formats: http://tug.ctan.org/biblio/bibtex/contrib/apacite/apacite.pdf

At present, as alternative citation formats aren't available, I think if you need anything other than the plain in-text format, then with the OO plugin, the best bet seems to be to use the Bookmarks rather than ReferenceMarks method, and edit the in-text citation manually. I don't know if there's an equivalent with the Word plug-in.
  • Thank you CB for the information... by the way, Word plug-in have the same limitation.
  • Hi,
    For edit words after citation, without gray colour, you can type an Enter. New line isn't gray. Edit, and make after a single line.
    Mihai