Modify the path string

Hello,
I use Zotero and recently I switched from Windows XP to Windows Vista. I moved my library from one system to another and globally Zotero functions. However, one problem persist, Zotero is unable to retrieve my linked files: they moved from "C:\Documents and Settings\Romain\Mes documents\Bibliographie\" to "C:\Users\Romain\Documents\Bibliographie\".
I tried to convert one string to another with the SQLite Manager plugin but without success. The command UPDATE itemAttachments SET path='C:\Users\Romain\Documents\Bibliographie\' WHERE path LIKE 'C:\Documents and Settings\Romain\Mes documents\Bibliographie\%' is too restrictive and replace the full string (with the name of the files) by 'C:\Users\Romain\Documents\Bibliographie\'.
Someone knows how, directly in Zotero or in SQLite Manager (with regular expression maybe) correct my problem?

Thanks.

Romain
  • Hello,
    I finaly found by myself, I used the command:
    UPDATE itemAttachments SET path='C:\Users\Romain\Documents\Bibliographie\' || SUBSTR(path,62,30) WHERE path LIKE 'C:\Documents AND Settings\Romain\Mes documents\Bibliographie\%'
    It was not very clean because I used a big value (30) in the SUBSTR command instead of the lenght of the string but it worked.
  • Small note: The length parameter to SUBSTR is optional—you could have just left it out and used SUBSTR(path, 62).
  • Ok. Thanks.

I don't understand why but the changed of the path string had no effect: the links still do not work...
  • Store a PDF in the new location and do a SELECT to compare the paths.
  • The paths of the new location are similar to the paths updated...