error: Reconciliation unimplemented for collections

I have zotero on my work and home computer. When I tried to synch up from my home computer got this error:

Reconciliation unimplemented for collections

and it did not synch. at work I had created a new collection that is not on my home computer, I was hoping that this collection would appear at home comp after synching.

I reported the error:

thanks for any help
  • You'd get that message if you added or removed items to/from the same collection on both sides between syncs, which isn't yet handled.
  • ouch
    so no more synching for me for a while
  • Well, a workaround would be to Clear Server Data (from the Actions menu) on the most up-to-date side, sync everything from that side up to the server, and then (back up and) remove the zotero.sqlite file on the other side and let it pull everything down. Obviously that only works if everything you need is on one side (and keeping in mind that highlights and annotations don't currently sync).
  • CB
    edited September 23, 2008
    I'm getting this with a zotero db that so far I've only sync'd on one machine, in only one firefox profile, and without webdav configured yet.

Nothing unusual had happened before the error started appearing. I had done a bit of rearranging of items between collections, and had deleted one or two.

Is there anything I can do short of clearing server data?

Never mind, I bit the bullet and cleared the server data, so all's good now.
This discussion has been closed.