EBSCOhost 2.0

Ebsco has upgraded their interface and the translator doesn't work. http://www.ebscohost.com/thisTopic.php?marketID=1&topicID=969

I'm just wondering if there are any interim solutions until a new translator comes out.

Thanks,
Caleb
  • I ran into that same problem today. I found two solutions, neither of which is ideal:

1) Enter the citation manually

2) Export the item from ebsco and import it into zotero. Here's how: Click the export button in ebsco (This can be done either after selecting multiple items or within an individual item,). Select 'Citations in Bibtex format' and click save. Select everything from the first @ sign to the last } and copy and paste into a plain txt file. Save the file. In Zotero select import from the gear button and navigate to the text file. Zotero should then automatically import the articles.

Hopefully the new translator will arrive quickly! I'm in the middle of a large project and these workarounds are already getting tiresome.
  • As a temporary workaround, selecting the first EBSCO export option will result in Zotero directly importing the citation. Make sure you have "Use Zotero for downloaded RIS/Refer files" checked in Zotero preferences.
  • Good workarounds, thank you.
    Caleb
  • Sean's workaround worked pretty seamlessly for me.
  • Thanks for the work-around. Made my day and weekend.

I began using zotero a wk ago; can't imagine being without it.
    Like you I will be glad when they patch the translator for EBSCO.
  • Sean, thanks for that workaround. It's way more efficient then the one I found and made my research process much less frustrating!