failure to import from JSTOR after upgrade to FF3 and Zotero 1.06

As a new user of Zotero I've been pretty happy, but today when I upgraded to FF3 and Zotero 1.06, I found I could no longer enter references from JSTOR. The Zotero icon appears in the FF address line, but when I click on the icon, the item does not appear in my Zotero Library. It works from others (for example, Amazon) but not in JSTOR.

Any ideas?
  • Just for reference, I reported my error log, under the following report ID: 1776094931.

Thanks!
  • Can you provide a URL?
  • Here is the URL that appears on the address line of FF3:

http://www.jstor.org.proxy.lib.umich.edu/stable/info/180592?seq=1&Search=yes&term=michael&term=brett&term=maghrib&list=hide&searchUri=%2Faction%2FdoBasicSearch%3FQuery%3Dbrett%2Bmichael%2Bmaghrib%26x%3D0%26y%3D0&item=2&ttl=117&returnArticleService=showArticle

Also, it appears that the upgrade to FF3 has affected my ability to download .pdf files from JSTOR. I get an error message and a recommendation that I "save to disk" first. This leads me to believe that the problem is with FF3 and not Zotero. Is there a way to roll back an upgrade to Firefox 3 back to FF2? I was happy enough this morning before upgrading!

Sorry to bother you with this--thanks for any advice!
  • I'm guessing you're experiencing a Firefox 3 cookie problem.

I'd recommend following my advice there and trying a new Firefox profile.

We don't recommend going back to Firefox 2, as it has database instability issues.
  • Dan, you rock.

Deleting the cookies didn't solve my problem, but creating a new profile for FF3, copying the Zotero files into it, and installing Zotero (in that order) worked like a charm. Cured my problem downloading pdf files, too.

Thanks so much for your help! Another satisfied customer....
This discussion has been closed.