Chicago, copy and paste (request)

I have been using the "other" bibliographic capabilities of Zotero (that is, not the plug in). But when pasting Chicago style footnotes for the 1st reference (eg : Giorgio Agamben, Remnants of Auschwitz: The Witness and the Archive, trans. Daniel Heller-Roazen [New York: Zone Books, 2002].), Zotero automatically adds a footnote number. Since I am adding it to the footnotes to my document I am constantly deleting it. Any chance for a style that omits this number?

Many thanks.
Sam
  • edited June 6, 2008
    If you use Control-Shift-A with "Chicago Full Note with Bibliography" or "Chicago Note without Bibliography" styles you should get a full footnote without the number. (I'm guessing you use Control-Shift-C now.)
  • Wow, I've been cursing that silly number all this time and didn't know about CTRL-SHIFT-A. I'm very glad for it. (Now if there were anOTHER shortcut key for short citations, that would be great. As it is you have to either switch your preferences back and forth (when you cite something for the first time vs. subsequent time) or manually edit the title to short title, and remove all the extra information. Not a huge deal, and it doesn't seem to be a bandwagon, but would be nice for us clipboard citers.
  • edited June 18, 2008
    You can now install Chicago Quick Copy style at http://www.zotero.org/styles/ (in Dev Styles) -- It allows for quick copy of footnotes (Ctrl-Shift-C) and subsequent citations (Ctrl-Shift-A) in the same style. It is not appropriate for the Word plugin however.

Now all that's left to be done is to add a modifier key to allow the user to choose whether to drag a bibliography entry or a citation to Word/Open Office.
  • edited June 18, 2008
    Now all that's left to be done is to add a modifier key to allow the user to choose whether to drag a bibliography entry or a citation to Word/Open Office.
    Done in the latest dev build. Hold down Shift before beginning the drag to copy citations instead of bibliography entries.