EBSCOhost: no icon in URL bar

I got a support request from a librarian here and have confirmed this problem on my Mac as well. I'm running the following configuration:
Mac OS X Version 10.7.5
Zotero Version 3.0.11
Firefox Version 18.0.1

The Zotero icon does not show up in EBSCOhost, which, I know, is a supported database for Zotero. Here are some sites I tried to test the problem:
EBSCOhost - results page, item page, folder page (with items selected): no Zotero icon appears in URL bar on any page
Amazon item page: Zotero item icon appears in URL bar and works normally
JSTOR results page: Zotero folder icon appears in URL bar and works normally

Any ideas about this? I know there was some discussion about this several releases ago of OSX/Firefox/Zotero, but haven't seen any recent references to this situation.

Thanks,
Tom Farrell
SCU University Library
  • whats the EBSCO URL exactly as you see it?
  • Here is an item URL:
    http://0-web.ebscohost.com.sculib.scu.edu/ehost/detail?sid=eb5b407f-674f-48b0-90b1-950f6ccf8e06%40sessionmgr12&vid=9&bk=1&hid=9&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#db=a9h&AN=75193414
  • the problem is the proxy that puts the 0- at the beginning of the URL. This is broken in the current Zotero version, but fixed for the next version. It'd actually be helpful if you could install the branch xpi:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/dev_builds#zotero_30_branch
    and see whether that works.
    You can either stay on the branch until the next Zotero release (and then revert back to regular ZOtero 3.0.12) or you can immediately revert if you don't need that functionality.
  • Thanks - I'll give the branch xpi a try.
  • That did it - thanks again.
  • thank you both - I am a librarian and this issue reared its ugly head while I was teaching Zotero this evening - first time I had encountered the problem. Installing the branch 3.0.12 (after the clsss of course) fixed it. In case our users ask, is there an estimated release date for 3.0.12 regular release?
  • no exact ETA as far as I know, but it fixes a number of problems, I wouldn't expect it to be long.