Bookmarklet save to collection

I would like items saved using the bookmarklet to go into a bookmarklet-collection instead of to the whole library. Is there a way to do this now? If not, is this planned?

Is there a section in the documentation that covers the bookmarklet? I could only find a very brief bit on how to install it.

I used the bookmarklet for the first time today with an iPad and it is _really great_
  • beyond the download page there is no documentation. Feel free to start any, probably under support/bookmarklet

I don't know about collections - certainly seems like a reasonable request, but also hard to do on the logistical side of things. Would probably have to be some type of preference on the website.
  • edited December 15, 2012
    I think this can certainly be made to be easily configurable either when you drag the bookmarklet to your toolbar (in which case the same collection would be used for all items saved via the bookmarklet) or have a prompt each time you save an item (which would probably require an additional HTTP request to Zotero server to get all the possible collections.
  • If something like this is implemented, it would also make sense to implement saving to a group library too.
  • Would really appreciate this.
  • I would be pleased if there were a standard collection for bookmarklet just as there is for trash. It would be much easier to move items from a dedicated bookmarklet collection than it is to find the bookmarklet-added items in the library before moving them. This would greatly facilitate the use of the bookmarklet on a tablet. Although it might be better to allow users to select their collection preference; a dedicated bookmarklet collection seems more simple to implement and support.
  • DWL: That's not a bad idea, but is that really any different from sorting Unfiled Items by Date Added?
  • When I use the bookmarklet from my tablet and access my online Zotero library, sorting by date-added isn't quite as convenient. I may not use the item right away. I may add records via a translator from my desk computer before I get around to moving the bookmarklet items to a collection. Then, the bookmarklet records are buried in the list even with a date-added sort. I'm not sure that what is most convenient for my work style would be similarly helpful for other bookmarklet users. However, a dedicated bookmarklet collection would be great for me.