WebDAV file sync error using box.com

Hi, I receive the following message when I try to sync:

"A WebDAV file sync error occurred. Please try syncing again.

If you receive this message repeatedly, check your WebDAV server settings in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences."

I checked the settings and they are OK, verified server and it works fine. I reported the error: 18564547

I am using box.com to sync through WebDAV, using Zotero 3.0.11. I am wondering if having firefox open in two different computer might be the problem? I don't recall receiving this error before.

Thanks in advance, please tell me if I need to give further details,

Alba
  • [JavaScript Error: "Unexpected status code 500 for HEAD request in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.WebDAV.getLastSyncTime()" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/webdav.js" line: 772}]
    This is an error from your WebDAV provider. (The message from Zotero is wrong, though–it's a GET request, not a HEAD request.)

We can't debug problems with individual WebDAV servers, but if you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces this I can tell you the exact message being returned.
  • Hi Dan,

I never had problems with this WebDAV, this is weird. Well the debug ID is: D1852361807

Thanks,

Alba
  • Hi again,

I gave a try at another WebDAV server, as suggested here:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/22658/properly-configured-webdav-servers-and-zotero/

And apparently it works fine (it's synchronising now). So I guess it was a box.net problem lasting too many days... well, they lost me to CloudSafe now.

Just for the record, so that if anyone else experiences problems with box.com synchronisation knows it it probably their fault.