Show Zotero as a side bar? (Vertical screen splitting instead of horizontal)

I just started using zotero a few days ago and must say i really like it except for one thing: the horizontal screen splitting! Reading pdf-files when zotero is open is almost impossible since the bottom frame (or top frame, wherever you have your zotero) that is used has a heigth of app. 10cm. For me - okay i have a wide screen monitor but so do many people (and even for those that have a regular monitor) - it would be much more convenient to split the screen vertically and view pdf's or other snapshots on the side rather than at the bottom. Therefore it would of course also be nice to be able to minimize the third column to have an even larger view of your papers. I dont know how complicated it is to implement such a function in zotero but i think a lot of people would really appreciate it.

So is it only me who would like that or is there anybody else out there?
  • Sorry, seems like I just re-started an old disscusion - maybe i should read previous posts before writing one myself.
    Anyway, one more vote for a sidebar!
    p.s. Does anybody know if there is any progress in the sidebar development?
  • Another vote for 16x10-monitor-friendly sidebar support. Thanks for the great tool!
  • Guys, thanks for this wonderful work!

These are just my 0,02 EUR to support the feature request for vertical layout.

Looking fwd for your great work