COPAC

www.copac.ac.uk
  • Note to those who don't know Copac: it's a meta-index of 27 UK research libraries (31 million records in total), including both Oxford and Cambridge. It's good to import book records from, since it's so large, which prevents you from having to visit multiple sites to get a bibliography entered.
    While the current main page at Copac doesn't work, their new experimental page (V3) does, at least partly, and perhaps as well as any--I have yet to do more than simple tests. I emailed them (at Copac) to tell them how glad I was that their new interface works with Zotero. They promptly took their first notice of Zotero and fixed a few things (on their end) to help it work better on their site. The new engine is due to go live on the 28th of March. Do continue to try specific searches, and report what does and does not work. I think this is one (of many) key resources to get working well, since it's a good first-line research tool for UK researchers, and probably (as a guess) one of the top 5 library collection databases in the world.
  • What a fabulous resource! I tested it on both individual records and search result lists. johnlknight and scot, thank you for bringing Copac to our attention. We plan to spotlight it on the Zotero blog in the next day or two.
  • Wow, it's quite nice to see action all around. Copac adding COinS, you featuring their page. I hope that other database admins turn out to be half this eager a the idea to make their pages readable by zotero and whatever other next-gen bibliographic tools appear on the horizon.