Standalone for win 7 : installation impossible

Dear all,

I have tried to install zotero standalone for win 7. During the installation process It asked me whether I wanted to change user or not. I was in the admin so I stayed with the current user. But after nothing happened...

Any idea ?
  • What is the exact text of the dialog you see/saw?
  • Hello,
    I have exactly the same problem.

I launch 'Zotero-3.0.8_setup', then it extract files, and after the 100% done it open a window titled: "run as", with a picture of keys and the following text:
    "You may not have the necessary permissions to use all the features of the program you are about to run. You may run this program as a different user or continue to run the program as the current user."
    I can chose "Current user" or "Run the program as the following user:" ("User name:" ; "Password:").

After that, both choices leads to nothing at all, no other window opened, no process beginning.

Can somebody please help me, I'm beginning searches for my thesis, and everybody told me Zotero is a must have... :-)
  • I am having the same problem as described by L'Arnal.

I have tried finding the temp files as recommended in a different thread, but there are no files appearing there to find.

Thanks!
  • I've found a solution to this:

Find the file in the downloads folder, right click on it, and click "Run as Administrator". Then it opens and installs fine.
  • edited October 21, 2012
    Problem solved!
    It works allright, thank you very much brunoboe :-)