Implications of 'Public, Closed Membership' Groups

If I create a 'Public, Closed Membership' Group and enable 'Anyone can view, only members can edit', what can non-members of the group see and what content is not available to them? I have exceeded my 100MB file space allocation and will be upgrading to 1GB but want to ensure that non-members will not be able to download attachments.
Thanks, Norbert
  • I'm 99% sure that non-members cannot access attached files for groups.

The reason open public groups can share files is specifically to prevent Zotero to be used as a platform for illegal sharing of copyrighted material.
  • See http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/16063/wondering-why-i-cant-see-a-web-page-snapshot-in-a-group/?Focus=80099#Comment_80099

"Closed public groups can share metadata with non-members, but only members who apply or are invited will be able to view the attached files."
  • adamsmith/Rintze, thanks for the fast response! Interesting about snapshots....
  • Regarding problems with the rigid "closed/public" group types and "owner/member" roles, see this proposal. I don't know what its status is but I believe it is a coherent proposal which should not be too difficult to implement and which would solve many of the current inadequacies of the groups functionality.